This part of our series on PKI security in large scale web applications examines how the new Partnet eValidate solution effectively satisfies the unique PKI demands of large scale web applications.
Partnet eValidate™ is an ideal solution for large-scale web applications with a large number of users and transactions. eValidate protects government enterprises from potential security breaches by verifying the revocation status of digital certificates within a PKI. eValidate provides enterprises with the flexibility of using CRL and Online Certificate Status Protocol (OCSP) for validation as illustrated in this graphic.
OCSP is a fast, lightweight alternative to traditional CRLs that allow applications to query external certification-status servers, or OCSP responders, for the status of a single certificate. OCSP responds much faster than CRL downloads—quickly returning a small, signed message stating the certificate’s revocation status. For large-scale systems, Partnet eValidate provides enterprises with faster, more efficient cert validation processing and greater security protection.
Partnet eValidate Benefits
- Security. Safeguards applications and networks against potential security breaches from expired or revoked digital certificates.
- Reliability. Robust design provides support for backup, load balancing, and failover.
- Versatility. Provides agency’s with the flexibility to use CRL- or OCSP based validation based on the particular need.
- Cost Effective. Designed to efficiently plug in and scale to meet a wide range of deployment requirements.
- Proven. eValidate has been proven in one of the government’s largest and most challenging e-commerce transaction environments.